We are holding this workshop at a private studio on w. 38th street between 8th and 9th Avenue in Manhattan. Once you pay the workshop fee, you will be contacted immediately with workshop information / arrival information.
This workshop includes:
- Product knowledge of the various adhesives, and products for applicationIntro to FX Methods for mold creation and small mold creation.
- Demos and introduction to latex appliances, silicone and alternative materials.Hands on sculpting / mold making during the class to create your own prosthetics. (small scale molds for wounds).
- "Round' House FX" - techniques for creating various looks, original materials, and FX inexpensively and creatively with simple / unusual items found around your own house ! Some of the techniques and materials are also used by the pro fx artists from The Walking Dead !
- Basic Prosthetic Application
- Basic blending techniques
- Make-up Removal
- Open Q & A on fx techniques, materials, tv / film, artist experience etc.
Great for people who are interested in learning more about FX but do not have experience or the confidence.
Perfect for horror lovers and movie junkies with no experience.
Great for people with some FX experience that are looking to learn more.
Attendees will be given a small lesson book to refer back to , will leave with their own small scale fx mold that is reusable, and super cool techniques to use when applying horror / trauma make-up. Attendees will also be given a few kit supplies to take home with them as well.
You will not need to bring any supplies. If you have some fx makeup or costume make-up and would like to bring it or ask questions about how to use it - feel free.
This workshop will be held at a private studio on w 38th street between 8th / 9th avenue. All attendees must book in advance by Friday October 12th.
Workshop booking fees are not refundable. Please contact us if you have any questions. Hope to see you there !
Please notify us in advance if you have any known allergies including latex.
We will not be held responsible for allergic reactions or REAL injuries of any kind
(we will be held responsible for the awesome FAKE injuries we do create. haha! ).
Cancellations / Alterations:
In the event that this workshop does not fill up with enough attendees, you will be notified and your workshop fee will be refunded. The workshop may be rescheduled and you will have the option to keep your fee or accept the rescheduling.
We reserve the right to move the studio location if needed to a different location - which would be in Manhattan. All times will remain the same.
We are only booking a limited number of attendees so that we can keep this workshop intimate, hands on, comfortable, and informative. Please, do not wait !